Friday, June 15, 2012

Fat Geisha is in Korean Craze Mode

Omo! My bad! I realised it has been TWO MONTHS since I updated my blog. I feel so embaressed. Sumimasen, my secret admirers. As usual, work took over my life, and Japanese homework became too dreary to look forward to - at several points I was on the verge of quitting but I told myself, "You have stuck with it for TWO years. What's a few more?" LOL. Probably my sanity. It is really, REALLY difficult to study when you are old.
And the last few weeks, Fat Geisha is in Korean mode, watching K-dramas by the truckload. Like seriously the reason why I don't watch many Japanese dramas is the utter lack of GOOD LOOKING or charismatic actors. What is this Japanese obsession with weak, skinny, girl-like (or drug addicted) FLOWER boys? (The hilarious thing was when I googled "Japanese Flower Boys Images", all the images that came out were those of KOREAN stars! Ironic or not!?)



Just a sample of the pictures I found on the net. Like ERM........NOT doing anything to Fat Geisha's hormones.

Fat Geisha needs a MAN PLEASE! Or at least someone that is considered traditionally good-looking? You know like TAKAHIRO?! And even though I don't have the hots for Atsushi, I would have preferred him over a "flower boy". Please just clone Takahiro a zillion times and put him on Japanese TV. Onegaishimasu! Even when you have a mature hunk like Fukuyama, you put him in a boring historical drama like Ryoma. Even the Samurai, who devours 50-episode historical dramas from China and Korea, could not make himself complete the series because it is JUST.SO.DRY. My dear fellow Japanese, can you learn from the Koreans, please?? Chaebal?! Oops I am already turning half Korean here.

So I am going to break my own blog rule and talk about my latest K-drama craze. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to go watch. A shout out to QUEEN IN HYUN'S MAN (shortened to QIHM thereafter). Best K-Drama EVER. And that's saying a lot since I have been watching K-dramas for 10!!! years!

Fat Geisha, despite her dubious occupation in the entertainment industry, is (er-hem) a romantic at heart. She LOVVEES reading romance novels and watching romance dramas/films, etc. So I have basically come across all types of flawed or supposedly perfect heroes, heroines and the gazillion complications that they have to overcome to get their happily ever after. QIHM is a fantasy time-travel fusion sanguk where the hero is from 1694 Joseon dynasty and the heroine lives in 2012. Their love story is straightforward and comes with none of the bullsXXt baggage (class/wealth differences, hate-at-first-sight, hero-has-yet-to-grow-up, heroine-is-naive-and-innocent, parents-hate-each-other, etc.) that you see all the time on TV until you can write the script yourself. A drama detailing the process of falling in love devoid of fuss and with cackling (and by cackling, I mean the "fry-your-computer" type of chemistry!? I don't remember watching something like that. Add that to the element of time-travel complications which is intelligently thought out and makes the viewer invested and thinking. It is comedic, romantic, dramatic ALL at the same time. Wow, that hits me in all the right spots and I am officially declaring it as a PERFECT 10 in the pure romance genre. Oh and throw in the absolutely PERFECT MAN ever written/shown of my dreams:  A scholar who is book smart (he loves libraries) but at the same time has superb EQ and great observation skills, able to fight, RAWR!!!, is courteous, tender, loving, humourous, kisses LIKE A DREAM - DOUBLE RAWR!!!! Has a pair of long legs that stretches from here to eternity - TRIPLE RAWR!!!!! No flower boy, my Kim Boong Do. Oh and the heroine? For once, I did not want to shove her over a cliff despite her hogging the luscious lips of MY boy - so that surely counts for something. Ok, just go watch the damn show. Seriously.

Below are some of the pics that I stole from the Facebook International Fan page, done by fans of the show who are equally if not more obsessed than I am. Separately I promise I will finish up my EXILE Concert Part II post SOON (Once I can get my mind out of those long legs...hmmm.)

The Cause-and-Effect Couple

Such mind-blowing chemistry. I am refraining from posting kiss pictures. You can find them elsewhere.

Definitely not a flower boy. No siree!

I find men in libraries the HOTTEST. 

Did I mention long legs?

Ok right, this is gratuitous. But I am sure The EVIL ONE will like.To quote the perfect man himself: "How can I not like it? It is all very LUSTFUL and good."


No comments: