Sunday, July 24, 2011

EXILE-D to Hokkaido!

The Samurai has left me all alone to attend a STOOPID conference in Philadelphia for a week. Thank God for my buddies who are stepping in to accompany me during these solo times. Fat Geisha is incredibly blessed and her friends rock!!

So, more about the nefarious plans that The Evil One and I have as mentioned in my last post. EO has discovered to her eternal glee that EXILE will be holding a concert in Sapporo, Hokkaido, this coming Christmas Eve. We have been thinking about travelling together to Japan for quite some time, either to Kyushu or Hokkaido (avoiding those disaster affected regions), and she was especially eager to try to catch a SMAP or EXILE concert if possible. You can imagine her hormones going all haywire when she found out the news and realised that her dreams of pawing Atsushi's tattooed chest and abs are within reach. I was initially worried that she would hyperventilate and faint from all that excitement. I believed that she hadn't come down from all that sexual high since I posted the first EXILE piece (see here) many moons ago.

The Chest of Her Dreams......

While I am also excited about watching EXILE live in concert (although my excitement will never reach EO's levels), I am even more pleased by the prospect of finally visiting Hokkaido, a place which many friends and relatives who visited have praised to the skies. I look forward to my virgin frolicking in a snowy winterscape, possibly trying out skiing, eating super delicious fresh seafood and SNOW CRABS (OMG I am salivating now). And finally, FINALLY, being able to speak Japanese in Japan. Hey, EO, you better brush up your flirting Japanese phrases in case you really get to meet Atsushi one-on-one. I promise I won't interrupt.

For the travel portion of which I am in charge (she's taking care of the tickets), there are a number of options that we can choose from. In view that we are likely to have 7-9 days in the week leading up to Christmas (and EO needs to take off on her business trips after Boxing Day), I am leaning towards going for a one week package tour which should include a ski resort and/or onsen, and then we can extend our stay in Sapporo. I don't fancy taking public transport by ourselves in deep winter. Brrrrrr.....

When I have more details about our Hokkaido plans, I will share more in future posts. Oh, and the Samurai? He is coming with us of course. He is resigned to tagging along for the trip, but bringing ear plugs just in case the two screaming Obasans deafen him.

Below are some of the concert videos to further pump up our heightened expectations. Yooohooo!!


First time I heard "Last Christmas" sang in Japanese. I would if they would perform this again since the concert would be on Christmas Eve. So incredibly sexy. Evil One, you can have Atsushi, I will have Takahiro. 



This is one of our collective favourite songs. Samurai saw the actual lyrics on another video which actually contains a lot of English words (not that we can catch all of it) and remarked that it was a very silly song. But it is so incredibly catchy and has so many hilarious signature dance moves. Even my Sensei can dance to it!




Hmm, very nice song here and I absolutely LOOVE their shirts. Am definitely going to get one!


No comments: