Friday, November 19, 2010

Applause! We have hit 1,000 Unique Visitors!

Clap, clap. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. Particularly to friends out there who have been throwing constructive comments and praises to my way - makes me want to blog better and more interesting stuff. What started out as a simple platform to share my travel experiences to Japan with some friends who are going there for the first time this year has turned out to be much, MUCH more. But I thank those friends because  it brings me back to my first true love - writing. Long-time buddies will probably remember the "novels" I had written in secondary school to entertain them. And all those scraps of paper flying around class with my short stories and "emo" poems. There weren't such a thing as "blogs" then, nor Facebook, nor Twitter. Everything was painstakingly written down.

Of course, having 1,000 visitors to this website is practically "nothing" when compared to the tens of thousands of hits PER DAY enjoyed by top bloggers in this country and around the world. Nevertheless I am very grateful to be given an outlet to entertain friends and strangers as well as vent my thoughts and emotions, which are constantly churning inside my head, desperately trying to get out.

Who knows what will happen down the road, and how this blog will evolve? I look forward to finding out.

No comments: